I write dumb essays, poems, and stories. I post them here.

Friday

The Pitter Patter of Patronage

Once I came home each day 
and was met 
with screeches of joy
tiny arms squeezed my neck 
now I only sometimes read 
where they are
and how much they need. 


2 comments:

  1. I'm going through EMPTY NEST SYNDROME AND IT FUUUCKING SUCK. MINE CALL FOR CASH. I just love them. 18, 19, 21 (who's just 3 days ago apprised my husband that she's "doing her now" and "she didn't ask to be born" . Well, at least I know for sure that ONE of my FOUR hasn't passed my emotional age yet....but I think I'm NOT suppose to feel too terribly good about that...whatever, ONLY YOU KNOW .... mums the word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOOPSIE forgot my forth daughter, SHE'S 29 and has my grandson and grand daughter. I think she thinks I'm a bad-influence on them?! Good, use me as their trial run for who they'll definitely bump into on life's lil adventures. Besides, My Character is SOLID so the fact that I'm "off-tilt" is a ridiculous- and LAZY...PUT SOME THUGHT INTO YOUR BU:LLSHIT EXCUSES for fuck sake

    ReplyDelete